2017 has been a good year for reading so far. As June approaches, I have finished 29 books in the first five months of the year. This puts me well on target to reach my goal of 65 completed reads this year.
Looking down through the list, I have read some fantastic books this year. I was going to rate each one out of five but I was afraid that I would give out too many fours and fives.
I look forward to adding to this list in the summer! To follow my progress, add me on goodreads here.
- H is for Hawk, Helen MacDonald
- Oryx and Crake, Margaret Atwood
- The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle
- Born to Run, Bruce Springsteen
- The Winter of Our Discontent, John Steinbeck
- The Handmaid’s Tale, Margaret Atwood
- TOP PICK: Born To Run
- Man Tiger, Eka Kurniawan
- Work Smarter with Speed Reading, Tina Konstant
- Stillness: Through My Prayer, Sister Stan
- Ithaca, Alan McMonagle
- The North Water, Ian McGuire
- The Obstacle is the Way, Ryan Holiday
- TOP PICK: The North Water
- Silence, Erling Kagge
- The End We Start From, Megan Hunter
- The Waves, Virginia Woolf
- House Of Names, Colm Tóibín
- The Blood Miracles, Lisa McInerney
- The Heart’s Invisible Furies, John Boyne
- The Bear and the Nightingale, Katherine Arden
- Human Acts, Han Kang
- The Rule of the Land, Garrett Carr
- Nina is not OK, Shappi Khorsandi
- Fast Fuel: Food for Running Success, Renee McGregor
- The Shape Of Bones, Daniel Galera
- TOP PICK: The Shape Of Bones
Begged, bought, borrowed or stolen!
- Seven Brief Lessons on Physics, Carlo Rovelli
- Black Queen, Michael Morpurgo
- The Inner Game of Tennis, W. Timothy Gallwey
- George’s Marvellous Medicine, Roald Dahl
- The Loney, Andrew Michael Hurley
- TOP PICK: The Loney
How are you getting on with your reading goals so far this year? Do you have any top picks to add to my summer reading list? Please let me know!